I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of golden brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 ounces of chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 ounces of chopped white chocolate
- 1 ounce of freeze dried strawberries (roughly crushed)
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Whisk together the butter, sugars, and salt until a fully combined. The mixture should form a ribbon when lifting up the whisk.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into the wet mixture and fold (with a spatula) until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Fold in the chopped chocolate and strawberries, and chill the dough in the freezer for 30 minutes (or in the fridge for up to overnight).
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 13 cookies between two sheet pans (Or about 24 medium scooped cookies). Bake for 13-15 minutes until crisp on the edges and chewy in the centers. Sprinkle some crushed freeze dried strawberry powder on top.
*For a flatter/chewier cookie, lift the sheet pan and quickly drop it down onto the oven rack at around 9 minutes and 11 minutes.
*Cookie dough balls may be frozen. Bake frozen cookie dough balls for about 2 minutes longer than normal to ensure they’re cooked.