I N G R E D I E N T S
- 4 1/4 cups of bread flour
- 1 1/2 cup of warm milk (100°F-106°F is good. I used soy.)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of softened butter
- 4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
D I R E C T I O N S
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the milk, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add in the flour, salt, egg, and melted butter. Using the dough hook attachment, knead on low speed for 5 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let the dough rise in a warm, draft free space for an hour.
- Weigh and separate the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 4″x12″ rectangle.
- Combine the filling ingredients into a paste, and evenly spread a dollop onto each rectangle of dough.
- Roll the dough lenghwise, and cut the log in half, lengthwise. Twist the two ropes together, and tie the twist in a knot. Tuck in the ends. After all 8 knots are formed, let rise for another 20 minutes before baking in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Eggwash is optional, but I always do it.
- While hot out of the oven, sprinkle extra cinnamon sugar on the buns for extra sparkle.