It might not officially be summer yet, but the weather and the stone fruits seem to think it is.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of butter, cubed and cold
- 5 tablespoons of ice-cold water
- 1 egg (eggwash)
- 1 tablespoon of turbinado sugar
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- A small handfull of basil, chopped
- 4 white slightly firm white peaches
- Oil for grilling
D I R E C T I O N S
- Make the dough by combining the flour, granulated sugar, and salt in food processor. Then add the cubed butter and pulse until the mixture resembles the size of peas.
- Pulse in one tablespoon of water at a time, being sure not to over process.
- Turn the mixture out onto a clean surface and press together until a dough forms. Shape into a disc, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the honey, and basil and simmer for a minute. Remove from heat.
- Wash and halve the peaches, then cut them into large slices. Grill the on an oiled grill pan, medium heat, for 2 minutes on each side. Let cool.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface into a rough 12 inch round. Carefully move the dough onto a parchment lined pan.
- Assemble the peaches on the dough.
- Fold up the edges of the dough around the peaches to prevent the juices from spilling. Drizzle or brush honey on top of the peaches.
- Beat the egg with 2 teaspoons of water. Brush the eggwash on the top and edges of the dough. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar on top of the eggwashed dough.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden. Let cool for at least 20 minutes to let the juices settle and for a a crisper crust.