I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 red apples (I used Fuji)
- Juice from half of a lemon
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a muffin pan with butter.
- Cut the apples in half and core them. Using a mandoline slicer, slice the apples using the thinnest setting.
- Lay the apple slices on a large plate, overlapping them if necessary. Squeeze the lemon juice on top and toss. Microwave for 30 seconds and let cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about 1/8 inch thickness. Then, cut it into 10 pieces, lengthwise.
- Mix the cinnamon and honey together and brush some onto each of the puff pastry pieces. From left to right, layer 12 overlapping apple slices along the puff pastry strip. Fold up the strip to cover the apple slices. Roll the strip from left to right, being sure the apple slices stay inside the pastry.
- Put each rose into the muffin tin and bake for 40 minutes. In the last 20 minutes of baking, cover the roses with foil to prevent burning.
2 thoughts on “Rose Apple Pastries”
These look amazing, and I want to try them, but I am not sure I understand the directions. Do you fold the pastry dough up from the bottom over the apples! All the way over or just to cover the bottom? Any chance you could post another photo or a little video?