To make these beauts, I adapted a @madewithlove_byhosie recipe by cutting the sugar, and swirling in globs of creamy tahini. Next time, I will definitely try peanut butter.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoon warm water
- 7 ounces melted semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsalted and unsweetened tahini
- sea salt flakes
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix for another 3-5 minutes. Combine the instant coffee granules with the warm water, then add it to the mixture. Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Add the chocolate into the batter and mix on low until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry mixture into the batter and fold using a rubber spatula until just combined. Dollop spoons of tahini evenly over the batter, and use a toothpick to swirl.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 inch square or round baking pan that’s lined with parchment. Bake for 35 minutes.