This is the perfect comfort food, take my word for it.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 18 leaves from one large Savoy cabbage (or two small cabbages)
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cayenne pepper
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Separate the leaves and boil them for three minutes. Drain and rinse to prevent further cooking.
- If the ribs are too tough, use a pairing knife to remove the thick parts.
- Cook the onions in a pan until translucent. Let cool.
- Mix together the beef, rice, onion, egg, milk, half a can of diced tomatoes, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, salt, and peppers.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto a cabbage leaf and roll, burrito style.
- Lightly grease a quarter sheet pan or baking dish. Pour the other half of the diced tomatoes evenly into the pan. Pack the cabbage rolls into the pan, and pour the tomato sauce evenly over the top.
- Bake for an hour. If the sauce begins to dry out, cover the dish with foil.