I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3 (or more) scallops at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 handful of pistachios
D I R E C T I O N S
- Thinly slice the white fennel bulb, reserving the fronds for garnishing
- Thinly slice the cucumber. Peel and slice half of the grapefruit.
- Toss fennel and grapefruit in a mixture of the olive oil, vinegar, honey, and juice from the remaining grapefruit half. Season with salt and pepper if you want.
- Pat dry the scallops. In a pan on medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil. Once bubbly, add the scallops and do not touch for 2 minutes. Flip, and continue cooking for another minute and a half to 2 minutes.
- Serve with the salad and chopped or grated pistachios.