I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate wafers (or chunks)
- Flaky sea salt to garnish
D I R E C T I O N S
- Microwave the butter just until melted. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugars and 2 teaspoons of salt. Drizzle in the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda. Fold until just combined with a rubber spatula.
- Add in the chocolate wafers and rolled oats. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 3-4 dozen cookies onto a baking tray. Freeze for 15 minutes until firm. Save half of the cookie dough balls in a freezer bag.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the cookies on a baking sheet for 12-13 minutes. About halfway through, add more chocolate wafers to the cookies. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. Garnish with flakey sea salt.