Skip to content
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 4 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 1 cup of warm water (100°F-106°F is good)
- 1/2 cup of warm milk (see above)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup of Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup of grated Monterey jack cheese
D I R E C T I O N S
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the water, milk, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add in the flour, salt, oregano, egg, and melted butter. Using the dough hook attachment, knead on low speed for 5 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let the dough rise in a warm, draft free space for an hour.
- Divide the risen dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion out into a long, flat rectangle, about 4″x12″. Spoon about a tablespoon of tomato sauce onto the dough, keeping away from the edges. Add a sprinkling of cheese.
- Roll the dough tightly, and cut the log in half, lengthwise.
- Twist the two ropes together, and form a knot.
- After all 8 knots are formed, let rise for another 20 minutes before baking in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.