Can’t say I enjoy raisins in anything except for raisin bread. I am always craving it toasted and covered in butter or cream cheese. It’s a dessert disguised as breakfast!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 6 1/4 cups of flour (I used a mix of 5 1/4 cups of all purpose and 1 cup of bread flour)
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 packets of 1/4 oz. active dry yeast
- 1 cup of warm water (100°F-105°F)
- 1 cup of warm milk (100°F-105°F)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of raisins, soaked in warm water and drained
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
D I R E C T I O N S
- Mix the yeast in the warm milk and let sit until frothy, about 5 minutes
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine 4 cups of the flour with the 1/3 cup of sugar and salt. Using a dough hook attachment, mix in the milk mixture and water until just combined. Add the eggs and continue mixing until combined. Slowly add in 2 more cups of flour and let the mixer knead for about 3 minutes. Add only enough of the remaining 1/4 cup of flour until the dough pulls away from the bowl. Mix in the raisins.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand for another 3 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (about an hour).
- Combine the filling ingredients, minus the butter. Turn the dough out and divide into 2 equal portions. Roll one portion into a 9×15 inch rectangle. Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on top. Roll up from the short end, and place the loaf seam-side-down into a buttered 9×5 inch pan. Brush the top with butter and sprinkle extra cinnamon sugar on top. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cover the loaf pans with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake the loaves for 30 minutes.
One thought on “Cinnamon Raisin Loaf”
Looks wonderful! O would love to wake up to that for breakfast (:
LikeLiked by 1 person