If you’ve been on Instagram lately, you might’ve seen two viral chocolate chip cookie recipes. While I am late to the bandwagon and still haven’t tried either of the recipes, this cookie is inspired by both! (See Alison Roman’s Salted Butter and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread and Sarah Kieffer’s Pan-Banging Chocolate Chip Cookies).
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 8 ounces of chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or any chocolate or your choice)
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Whisk together the butter, sugars, and salt until a fully combined. The mixture should form a ribbon when lifting up the whisk.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into the wet mixture and fold (with a spatula) until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Fold in the chopped chocolate, and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (2 tbsp), scoop out 24 cookies between two parchment-lined sheet pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes until crisp on the edges and chewy in the centers. Sprinkle some flakey sea salt on top while still warm.
*For the best flat/chewy/crisp texture, lift the sheet pan and quickly drop it down in the oven at around 8 minutes and 12 minutes.
**You can freeze the cookie dough balls and bake from frozen. Just add a couple minutes to the baking time.
One thought on “Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Cookies”
I like cookies