When you have a box of 32 gelatine envelopes, you make a lot of marshmallows. Can’t go wrong with Ina Garten’s marshmallow recipe as a base. I will be experimenting with lots of flavor combinations this season…
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup of cold espresso
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 individual serving of chai latte mix (or just use chai spices)
- corn starch
- powdered sugar
D I R E C T I O N S
- In the bowl of en electric mixer, combine the gelatine with the cold espresso.
- Grease one or two baking dishes (size depends on how thick you want the marshmallows) with vegetable oil. Then, liberally dust each dish with a mixture of corn starch and powdered sugar.
- On the stove, heat the sugar, water, and corn syrup on medium until the sugar is dissolved. Then, turn the heat on high and continue to cook.
- Once the syrup registers 240°F on a candy thermometer, turn the mixer on slow and slowly drizzle the syrup into the gelatine. Once combined, turn the mixer on high and beat for 12-15 minutes.
- Working quickly, pour and spread the marshmallow fluff into the prepared dishes.
- Let the marshmallow set for at least 6 hours before cutting.