I’m on a shrimp kick. Not because I especially enjoy it, but because it’s quick and easy to keep frozen, raw shrimp on hand.
I recently watched an Instagram story by @jeanwang, where she filmed herself and her husband cooking seared scallops on top of corn puree, and it looked soOoOo good. This is sort of inspired by that, and also sort of inspired by shrimp and grits.
Instead of completely pureeing the corn, I left it a little chunky. Then, I accidentally dumped probably 1/8 cup of cayenne into the pan of shrimp. I am still burping fire.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 5 ears sweet corn
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 shrimp, thawed and deveined
- 5-10 baby bella mushrooms
- 3 stems curly kale
- 3 tomatoes
- Crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, celery salt, lime juice, Sriracha, green onion
D I R E C T I O N S
- Cut the kernels off of 5 ears of corn, being sure to scrape off every last drop of pulp from the cob.
- Pulse the corn kernels in a food processor until the texture resembles oatmeal.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the corn until heated through.
- Mix the corn starch with the heavy cream to create a slurry, then add to the corn.
- Toss shrimp in crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, celery salt, lime juice, Sriracha. Let marinate for ten minutes.
- Cook the shrimp and marinade on medium-high heat, along with chopped tomatoes, kale, and mushrooms.
- Serve the shrimp on top of the creamy corn.