Brownies > cookies, in my opinion. I’ve made lazy black bean brownies by using a box of brownie mix, subbing the eggs and oil with a pureed can of black beans, but today is not a lazy day. I wanted to make some from scratch so that I can control the ingredients. Unsweetened cocoa powder is VERY bitter. I always use a heavy hand when measuring cocoa powder, and I never learn from it. The powdered sugar is necessary, encouraged, and not optional.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
D I R E C T I O N S
- Blend all ingredients (minus chocolate chips) in a food processor or blender until combined.
- Fold in the majority of the chocolate chips into the brownie batter.
- Spread the batter into a greased 9×9 inch pan, lined with parchment. Add the remaining chocolate chips to the surface of the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes and cool before cutting.