One Culture Foods reached out to me and sent me a big box of their MSG-free bone broth instant noodles, and I couldn’t wait to try each of them! They sent me Chinese Chicken Noodle, Vietnamese Beef Pho, Japanese Spicy Ramen, and Taiwanese Beef Noodle. I dressed up this bowl, but they’re just as delicious as is, without any additions – especially the pho. Instant noodles, Instant Pot, two of my favorite things.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 bowl of One Culture Foods Taiwanese Beef Noodle
- 2 pounds beef shank (bone in)
- 4 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon of Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of doubanjiang
- 1/4 cup of shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 4 slices of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 green onion stalks, halved
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
D I R E C T I O N S
- Chop the beef shanks into large chunks, about 1.5 inches. Reserve the bones. In a large pot, boil about 2.5 quarts of water. Add the beef bones and let the pot come back to a boil. Skim off the impurities.
- Gather all the bay leaves, cinnamon stick, anise, and peppercorns into a sachet, and add it to the pot of water. Turn the heat to medium low and let the water simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat up a large drizzle of vegetable oil on high. Add the ginger, garlic, onions, and tomatoes and cook for a minute. Add another drizzle of oil and add the beef chunks. Sear on each side.
- Once the beef is nicely browned, add the doubanjiang, shaoxing wine, and tomato paste. Turn the heat down to medium and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the beef bones and spices from the stock, and skim the impurities again. Add the beef bone stock and the beef mixture into the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually (or let it naturally release). Add the One Culture Foods beef bone broth concentrate and spice packet to the Instant Pot, and stir.
- Add water to the One Culture Foods noodles and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain the water, spoon the beef and soup over the noodles, and serve with your favorite garnishes!