I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened tahini
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 8 ounces of chopped semi-sweet chocolate
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Whisk together the butter, sugars, and salt until a fully combined. The mixture should form a ribbon when lifting up the whisk. Whisk in the tahini.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into the wet mixture and fold (with a spatula) until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Fold in the chopped chocolate, and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 13 cookies between two sheet pans. Bake for 13-15 minutes* until crisp on the edges and chewy in the centers. Sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top while still warm.
*For the best flat/chewy/crisp texture, lift the sheet pan and quickly drop it down in the oven at around 8 minutes and 12 minutes.