I N G R E D I E N T S
Pastry (I used a store-bought pie crust, but this is my favorite from-scratch recipe)
- 2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of cold, cubed butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water for eggwash
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Brie cheese
- 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Chinese eggplant
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Salt, pepper, herbs de Provence
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
D I R E C T I O N S
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour and salt. Then pulse in the butter until the mixture becomes pea-sized crumbles.
- Add the cold water and egg to the processor and pulse until just incorporated
- Turn out onto a clean surface and knead the mixture just until combined. Form into 2 discs, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out one disc (save the other for another time) to about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the tomato sauce evenly on top, leaving about 2 inches of dough along the edge.
- Evenly dot the surface with chunks of Brie. Layer the vegetable slices in a circle, then lightly drizzle the vegetables with olive oil. Sprinkle on salt, pepper, and herbs to taste. Fold the edges of the pie dough, brush with a beaten egg, and bake at 425°F for about 35 minutes until golden.