I love a good bagel. Bagels are versatile, filling, satisfyingly chewy, and the perfect cream cheese vessels. These bagels are inspired by the Greek yogurt bagels I’ve been seeing all over Instagram – high in protein, low in effort! These are quick and easy to make because they don’t require rising time and boiling. I topped mine with poppyseeds and dried onion flakes (they’re almost everything bagels, but not quite), and made a perfect breakfast sandwich!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons of poppyseeds
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a fork, mix in the yogurt until a shaggy dough forms. It will be slightly sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a heavily floured surface and knead with your hands until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Separate and shape the dough into 8 uniform balls. Using your finger, poke a hole in the middle of each ball and stretch into a bagel shape.
- Place the bagels onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Brush the bagels with a beaten egg and sprinkle on the poppyseeds and onion flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes until perfectly golden.